Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Challenge

Assalaam Alakium ladies!

So KnewU didn't turn out very well, no one showed up for the class so I've got some extra time to write this post! As I was sitting here waiting for the Writer to finish up I thought of all of the things I am grateful for when a little light went off. 


I had the idea that whenever you have a few minutes to spare, jot down all of the things you are grateful for in your life on a piece of paper, your phone or a special notebook. At the end of the night thank Allah for everything you've written down. You can also bring the notes with you before prayer and after praying thank Allah for it then as well. You can never thank Allah enough. 

InshAllah, I'm going to try to jot down all of the things I'm thankful for this coming weekend. Saturday and Sunday, whenever something pops in my head I'm thankful for, I'm going to write it down. At the end of the night, before I sleep, I'll thank Allah for it all. =)

So here's the challenge! I challenge you all to write down all of the things you are grateful for in one day. Pick any day you'd like and throughout the day just jot it all down on a piece of paper. And at night, make sure you thank Allah for it. 

If you complete this challenge, please leave a comment below sharing how it worked out for you. Did you remember to write things down? Was it refreshing to turn to Allah and thank Him for everything? Did it help you become more mindful of all the things you have? Share whatever you like and pass this challenge around to your friends. 

Have a great night and inshAllah, I'll post a recap on Monday sharing my thoughts on the challenge. 

Wasalaam,
~Hijabi Butterfly~

No comments:

Post a Comment