Friday, January 27, 2012

TAIF! (Thank Allah It's Friday)






Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh


Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all have had a blessed day. It's a gorgeous 70 degree day here in H-Town, I definitely don't miss the weather in Minnesota! It's taken me a bit to get use to the change in climate here, it's like Summer/Spring year around....I'm not complaining. :)


A great thing about Houston is the large population of Muslims here, you don't have to travel far to find a Masjid (Mosque). Back in Minnesota most of the Masjids were in the suburbs and they were few and far between. I love being able to experience different Masjids and get a feel for the community. The Muslim community here is good, but like most could use a little help. Being a convert I have a lot of wishes for the Muslim community. Some would be: a place for children to enjoy the Masjid on Fridays and therefore, allow their parents time to listen to the khutbah (lecture), to make the Masjid a place youth WANT to be and to make it more friendly to converts and non-Muslims. One Masjid I discovered here in Houston is doing a great job of all of the things I just spoke of. They have a great facility and it's more than just a Masjid, it's more like a community center and I seen a lot of families enjoying the space. InshAllah (God willing) I'll write an entire post on the things this incredible Masjid is doing, for now I'll grace you with a beautiful picture of the place.
IMG_8844


 


That's it for now, inshAllah I'll be back soon! Let me know what you'd like to see on this page!

What things would you change to make the Masjid a better place?
What ideas do you all have to make the Muslim youth want to come to the Masjid?

Walakium Assalaam!

~Hijabi Butterfly~

No comments:

Post a Comment