Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fajr Double Advantage


Assalaam Alakium, good morning everyone!

It's only 9:30 AM and I've already been up for 3 1/2 hours, yup that's right I stayed up after fajr prayer. My husband and I call this "fajr double advantage" when we stay up after fajr. Basically, you wake up for fajr, pray and do something productive before your workday starts. Today, we went to the gym and got a good sweat session in. Feels good to get your workout over with early in the morning.


The key to the fajr double advantage is to GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP. Go to bed at least 7-8 hours before fajr prayer. I often feel sluggish getting out of bed in the morning but after 15 minutes I'm fine (if I get my 7 hours). I usually pray fajr, read some Qur'an or study a new surah I want to memorize and get a workout in. I don't do this everyday of the week but when I do I feel accomplished by the time I am off to work.

Make sure to prepare the night before. Set out workout clothes if you are going to workout, gather books for studying Qur'an, write a list of things you'd like to get done..ext. Preparing the night before will make things easier on you, especially when you're still half asleep or don't want to get out of those toasty blankets.

Do you stay up for fajr double advantage? If so, what things do you do?

Spotlight on hadith:

"Abu Musa (Radhiallaho anha) reported: Messenger of Allah (Sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) said, "He who The observes Al-Bardan (i.e., Fajr and `Asr prayers) will enter Jannah.'' (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Have a great day!

Wasalaam,

~Hijabi Butterfly~

No comments:

Post a Comment