Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Coming to you from....

Assalaam Alakium! 

Good morning, inshAllah you all had a great nights rest. Again, it was hard getting out of bed this morning, the Writer just started a new job so we're still getting use to his schedule change. 

I'm coming to you from Barnes and Noble this morning. Today I'm sticking around the Writers job so we can go to lunch later....Souper Salad anyone? We both work in the same area and share a car so today I'm saving some gas by staying in the area. I love bookstores, I could get lost for hours looking at books, and ending up buying maybe one haha. 


I thought I'd share a picture of a butterfly just to give this blog some visual appeal and since I absolutely adore butterflies. I think it's the metamorphosis/change that occurs. They start out being a caterpillar and change into a completely different animal, a beautiful butterfly.  

People have asked me why I chose the name Hijabi Butterfly, I guess it's because I think of myself as a butterfly in a way. I'm a convert to Islam so in a sense I had to go through a type of metamorphosis to become who I am today. I'm ever evolving into a better person, I hope, everyday so my metamorphosis is still in progress. I have a lot more left to learn and plan on sharing what I learn with you all. I want this blog to be a place for anyone really but specifically, Muslimahs. I found a lack of blogs dedicated to Muslim sisters and I feel that I can fill a void somehow. I want this blog to be a place of knowledge, so please let me know what I can do to make it a better place to come and read. 

Spotlight on hadith:
Reported by Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Whenever a group of people sit in a gathering in which they do not remember Allah the Exalted, nor supplicate to elevate the rank of their Prophet, such a gathering will be a cause of grief to them. If Allah wills,  He will punish them, and if He wills He will forgive them." (At-Tirmidhi) 

Have any of you gone through a type of metamorphosis so to speak? 

Have a blessed day and inshAllah (If God wills) I'll be back with another post later today. 

Wasalaam,

~Hijabi Butterfly~

No comments:

Post a Comment