Thursday, February 23, 2012

5 More Minutes!

Assalaam Alakium ladies!

Good morning! I hope you all will be proud of me when I say I actually stayed up after fajr prayer today! Whoot! After some whining to the Writer that I didn't want to get up, he finally got through to me and I got up. I kept saying "5 more minutes". haha You know five minutes turns into an hour when you fall right back to sleep. How does that happen really? That extra hour only feels like five minutes and if you are hitting the "snooze" or in my case the "dismiss" button you really aren't getting any extra sleep. What's the point of falling asleep to only be awaken 5 minutes later for the next found of creative sounds.

 Good thing that didn't happen today because I needed to work out early, there is no other opportunity today. This is the first time this week that we've actually stayed up after fajr and got a workout in before work. It feels great to just get it out of the way. I know if I would have given into my five minute thing I would have been writing how I didn't get up yet, again! And how many times can I write that without seeming like I'm not even trying? 

Thursday's are super long days for the Writer and I, more so for him. Tonight is the second session of the KnewU: KnewBorn class at the Andalucia Center here in Houston, Texas. I've wrote about it before here but for a quick little overview; it's a class geared towards new Muslims and teaches the basic tenets of the Islamic faith. Of course, anyone can come new Muslim, old Muslim, non Muslim doesn't matter, it's a judgment free zone. =) 


InshAllah, I plan on taking notes like I did for the last session so look out for that in the next few days. I'll try to get the notes up tomorrow inshAllah. Oh yes, tomorrow is Friday! Happy day! =) You know those weeks that short of just creep on by, well this week is one of those. 

Have a great morning and inshAllah I'll be back with another post this afternoon. 

Wasalaam,

~Hijabi Butterfly~


No comments:

Post a Comment