Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Budgeting

Assalaam Alakium girlies!

Sorry, I didn't post anything yesterday. Not much was going on and I didn't want to post just anything. Please forgive me? =) Today, I'm at my Wednesday spot, Barnes and Noble! I'm looking around for some budgeting books and may read a chapter of The Hunger Games. Have any of you read it? I'm not sure if I should buy it or not. Cheapo ova here. hehe

It's a rainy day here in Houston and it's my mom's birthday today! She will be getting a call from her favorite daughter! Favorite, only because I'm the only daughter hehe. =)

While I'm here at Barnes and Noble I'm looking through Dave Ramsey's book The Total Money Makeover. I've read and watched reviews on this book and thought I'd give it a look through. The Writer and I have accumulated some extra debt due to tax time. The Writer worked at a non-profit organization so we have to pay taxes as well as some other stuff we weren't expecting. It's time for us to get our money right and start a "real" budget. So far, our budget has just consisted of writing down the bills, when they're due and how much they are. Any extra money is free game and we end up at the end of the month thinking, "where did all that money go". Needless to say, we don't want that happening every month. 


I also found a nice budgeting notebook at Target the other day. It was full of budgeting forms and had everything already organized so I think I may go get that as well. Can you tell I like forms and organization? My life seems so much more put together if I am organized and have a solid plan. I'm a planner, fo sho. 

The Writer and I are wanting to buy a second car and pay down some debt so inshAllah these tools will help us succeed at that. We both hate interest but sometimes it's impossible to get around, unless you have a rich uncle, which neither of us do! hehe

I'll let you all know what I think about Dave Ramsey's book and if I like it I'll add a few tips or something as well. Have a great day and I'll (inshAllah) be back later with another post. 

Wasalaam,

~Hijabi Butterfly~

No comments:

Post a Comment