Friday, February 10, 2012

Feeling Sick?

Assalaam Alakium!

How was your day? I accomplished my goals for the day, as previously mentioned in my last post. It took me awhile to get enough motivation to clean my apartment. Now that it's spic and span I feel relieved. I'm a borderline neat freak ask the Writer and he'll say I'm a full blown neat freak. Order, organization and cleanliness = happiness for me. I feel out of whack when the house isn't clean and organized. Any of you out there who are like me? 

After cleaning I made a quick but healthy dinner which consisted of grilled tilapia, sauteed veggies and ranch style beans. This meal gets a lot of show time over here. 


As for the meal planning I got that finished as well. With a little input from the Writer I finally got it done. I only planned for four days because 1.) We need groceries now and 2.) I prefer to grocery shop during the week, in the morning. That means tomorrow I have to go grocery shopping. 


Right before I started writing this blog I started coughing and I feel a tad bit sick. Whenever I feel this way I head straight for.....the green tea and honey! I adore green tea with honey mixed in. I just finished drinking my cup and I already feel a little better. If I still feel sick tomorrow morning I'll do the same. Honey is a natural medicine, even the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and the Qur'an talk about the benefits of honey. 

"And Your lord inspired the bee, to build your dwellings in hills, on trees, and in (human's) habitations. Then, to eat of all the produce and follow the ways of your Lord made easy. There comes forth from their bodies a drink of varying color, wherein is healing for men: Verily, in this is a sign for those who give thought." (Qur'an 16:68-69)


Reported by Bukhair "A man came to the Prophet (Peace be upon him) because his brother had a stomach disorder. The Prophet said 'Let him drink honey.' The man returned a second time and again the Prophet (pbuh), responded again, 'Let him drink honey.' The man returned again, and said 'I have done that.' The Prophet then responded, 'Allah has said the truth, but your brother's stomach has told a lie. Let him drink honey.' He drank it and was cured."

Have a great night inshAllah I'll see you in the morning with another post. 

Wasalaam, 


~Hijabi Butterfly~






No comments:

Post a Comment