Friday, February 3, 2012

Jummah Mubarak!

Assalaam Alakium! 


Jummah Mubarak (blessed Friday)! How's your morning going? Alhamdulliah, I don't work on Fridays so I'm at home cleaning. So fun right?

I left you yesterday with a blog post about the KnewU New-Muslim class at the Andalucia Center here in Houston, well last night was the first class and I loved it. I took notes and will inshAllah post them later. Yesterday was a busy day, I was happy to get home last night. After 15 hours away from home, I'm ready to chill. (Introvert for sure)

The Writer and I tried a new place for lunch yesterday! This is exciting because we always say we're going to try something new but usually end up going somewhere we've been 100 times before. I guess it's the fear of the unknown lol. Yesterday we took the plunge and ate at a place in the Galleria area of Houston called Chacos. It's a Tex-Mex place and had great prices and generous portions. The Writer and I shared the "medium" nachos. The sauce bar was to die for...not literally but it was delicious. 


This place will definitely become a staple. Houston is full of amazing restaurants and people eat out a ton, not the healthiest option around. We usually try not to eat out a too much and it helps that I don't mind cooking, baking is a hobby of mine. 

Today, I plan on making red velvet cake pops! I'll be sure to write a post on it and make you drool with pictures haha. I'm off to seize the day. I'll be back later inshAllah! 

Wasalaam,

~Hijabi Butterfly~ 




No comments:

Post a Comment