Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sprucing Things Up

Assalaam Alakium! 

How has your day been so far? I lost myself in Photoshop for about two hours creating that background you see over there! What do you think? Yay or Nay?

I guess you could call today a semi-productive day since I was away from home. I went to my usual hang out, Barnes and Noble and did some reading which I talked briefly about in my last post. I had lunch with the Writer at Subway then went to work for a few hours and finally to the library and got the background done.  I actually enjoy sitting at the library with my laptop. It's peaceful and I have nothing to distract me...well except Twitter. I just recently made a Twitter for this blog and have been posting little tidbits here and there. If you wish to follow me just search for "hijabibutterfly", I'll follow you back. =) I like to get Islamic wisdom sent directly to my phone. Love technology. 

I like to surround myself with Islam. I'll gladly sign up for anything that will give me a quick little blurb on Islam. It keeps me refreshed and always remembering Allah. Before Islam, I rarely ever picked up the Bible or researched anything. I only knew the basics and whenever I would try to learn something I got so confused that I just gave up. Islam is so straight forward that answers are readily available. I only research at sites I know and trust are legit. Anybody can make a website and post whatever they want (like this blog) a little bit of digging will uncover if a website is reputable. Here are a few websites I trust:

www.islamicity.com    All around a great website

http://www.guideus.tv/live/   Great for watching videos on Islamic topics

http://www.imaanstar.com/index.php    Free software for help memorizing the Qur'an among other things

http://www.studying-islam.org/      You can take free online courses here. I've taken a few myself and they are very detailed

Share some of your most frequented reputable Islamic websites in the comments below. I love finding Islamic gems. 

Have a great night and I'll see you tomorrow with a new post! Early Jummah Mubarak!

Wasalaam,

~Hijabi Butterfly~


No comments:

Post a Comment