Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Don't Be Sad

Assalaam Alakium again! 

How's the day been so far? The sun is finally coming out here in Houston, Texas. Love. I wanted to write a blog about a book I adore. Don't Be Sad by Al-Qarni 


Whenever someone asks me for a book recommendation, I automatically think of this one. It's a good size book and it took me about six months of off and on reading to finish it. The great thing about this book is you can read however much you want. A short five minute read would brighten your day. I recommend reading it before bed or whenever you start feeling down. I like to say this book can "gut punch you" aka make you see the other side of things. But don't get me wrong, this is a great read for whatever mood you're in. 

If I had to share a favorite part of the book or a quote from the book I loved, it would be the entire book, seriously. I'm the type of person who takes notes while reading, especially Islamic content. I picked up this book and before I started to read it, I took out a notepad....As I began reading I realized I would be re-writing the entire book! I loved it that much. 

This would be a great book to give someone who is feeling down and needs a pick me up. InshAllah I plan on giving this book as an Eid gift to a few sisters I know. 

You can find this book in your local Islamic bookstore or at Amazon for around $15:


Excerpt from the book:

“They should remember about the Companions of the Prophet pbuh who were severely persecuted or even killed after becoming Muslim. Even the prophets of Allah, the best of all people who ever walked on the face of the earth, were persecuted by their community without exception. Even our beloved Prophet Muhammad pbuh was not spared from trials and tribulations. Was Yusof (pbuh) not thrown into a well, sold as a slave, and then thrown back into a prison? In fact, the Qur’an tells us that many prophets were brutally killed by the unbelievers.”

Enjoy!

Have you read this book before? If so, would you agree with my recommendation?
What one book do you recommend?

Have a great rest of the day, 

Wasalaam

~Hijabi Butterfly~

No comments:

Post a Comment