Saturday, February 18, 2012

Yay for Saturday!

Assalaam Alakium ladies!

Happy Saturday! The Writer actually has the day off so we get two free days! This rarely ever happens so we're going to try to make the best of it. Maybe we'll hit up the mall in a few since it's rainy outside. Alhamdulliah for the rain, we've needed it here in Houston. We had like a year long drought here so this rain is a good thing. =)

Last night I made the staple dinner around here, tilapia, brown rice and veggies. I was going to mix it up by making tilapia tacos but had a headache so just rolled with something easy. After dinner we just lounged around  until I passed out around 10. Migraines are no joke. 

Today is our family day so we're going to head off to visit the family. Layla time! She's the most adorable kid around. It's nice coming into a family bigger than my own. I only have one brother who is younger than me and he didn't live with us for awhile so for a long time I was kind of the "only child". I always wanted a sister and now I have two! 

Yup, she's the coolest!
I think having siblings, especially who are your gender and close in age keeps you grounded and out of trouble. Since I only had one sibling who was gone for awhile I gravated towards my friends. I spent every waking moment with them, and would often times only come home if I had to. My friends and I got into trouble and did things we shouldn't have. InshAllah if the Writer and I are ever blessed with children I would want siblings for my them. We'll see what Allah has in store for us. =)

What is your take on family? Do you want a large or small family?
Did you grow up in a large family? If so, how do you think it shaped you as a person?

Have a great Saturday!

Wasalaam,

~Hijabi Butterfly~


No comments:

Post a Comment